Buy Block - This is a block that allows you to send a buy order of a certain amount of an asset in your strategy flow. Your strategy will place the order as soon as it arrives on this block.
In the block settings you can configure the type of order and the amount you want to buy.
Firstly, you will be able to define the amount of funds you want to allocate to the Long position. This amount can be expressed as a percentage of the remaining capital of the strategy or as a percentage of the starting capital of the strategy.
Let's suppose that your strategy has $300 left from the initial $500. It will buy $150 of assets if you configure the block in mode 50% of the remaining capital (50% of $300 remaining).
Similarly, still assuming that your strategy has $300 left from the initial $500. It will buy $250 of assets if you configure the block in mode 50% of the starting capital (50% of the initial $500).
Note: in the 'Starting Capital' mode, if the strategy does not have enough funds to buy the requested amount, it will purchase the maximum available from the remaining capital. For example, if we ask our strategy to buy 90% of the starting capital while it only has $300 left out of the $500 we initially allocated to it, the strategy will only use the remaining $300 instead of the requested $450 (90% of $500).
Once the amount is defined, you can choose from 2 types of orders:
- Market orders, which allow you to buy assets "no matter the cost"
- Limit orders, which allow you to buy assets at a fixed price
Limit orders have more than 3 modes:
- "Block price" mode allows you to place an order at the price of the asset at the moment when the block is triggered.
For example: "Place an order to buy BTC at the current price"
- "Personalized price" mode allows you to place an order at a predetermined price.
For example: "Place an order to buy BTC at $15,000"
- "Deviation" mode allows you to place an order at a price that deviates by X% from the current price.
For example: "Place an order to buy BTC at the current price -0.5%"
The Advanced Settings tab allows you to manage the lifetime of your order.
An order can be valid until its completion or have a validity period.
- Valid "until completed" means that the block will wait indefinitely for the order to be completed before moving on.
- Valid "until expiry" means that the order will have an expiry date. This means that if the order is not fully completed at the end of its validity period, it will be aborted and the strategy will continue on its way.
Note: it is possible to direct your strategy to adjust its behavior in the event of expiry, for example to execute a particular action, repeat the purchase, take another path, etc... To do this, select a 'failover' block by clicking on the small viewfinder and selecting the desired block.
You can press the "F" key to display the paths of the links in case of order expirations (failover).
Telegram EN: https://t.me/kryll_io
Telegram FR: https://t.me/kryll_fr
Telegram ES: https://t.me/kryll_es